In commemoration and celebration of the 50th Annual Feast of the Hunters’ Moon and the 300th Anniversary of the founding of Fort Ouiatenon, the TCHA will be holding a series of monthly programs. The 50-300 Program Series will revolve around topics and themes related to these events.
The 50-300 Program Series will include the following:
• February: Period Clothing Workshops – The first workshop will take place on Saturday February 4th from 10 am to 4 pm at the Farm at Prophetstown, located in Prophetstown State Park in Battle Ground.
• March: “Natural History of the Wea Prairie” presented by Tom Swinford of the Indiana Department of Natural Resources
• April: Colonial Music Celebration
• May: Blockhouse Opening Celebration
• May: Juried Art Show opening
• June: “Woodland Native American Life” presented by James F. O’Neil II
• July: Frontier Firearms Demonstration presented by the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association
• August: A walking tour of the Fort Ouiatenon Archaeological Preserve presented by Del and Colby Bartlett
• September: Archaeology Day at the Tippecanoe Battlefield
• October: Midwest Historical Archaeology Conference
Please see the Calendar of Events for dates, times and locations of upcoming programs and events.